Terms and Conditions of our Hire Service
All About ME Marquees And Events LTD Terms And Conditions
‘The Company’ is All About Me marquees and events Ltd whose registered office address is Dutton Green,
Little Stanley, Chester, CH2 4SA.
‘The Client’ is the person or organization, hiring the Equipment from All About ME marquees and events Ltd, or employing our services as Event Managers or Coordinators.
‘Balance’ is the Hire Charge less any Deposit or instalments (if any) paid.
‘Damage Waiver Fee’ is the optional fee payable by the Client in order to limit their liability for damage to the Equipment. Details of the Damage Waiver Fee terms and conditions can be found on the Company’s website.
‘Deposit’ is 25% of the Hire Charge.
‘Delivery Note’ is the note signed by the Client, or a representative of the Client, which confirms delivery
of the Equipment.
‘Equipment’ is the tent(s), Tipis or Marquees, and all other materials specified on the Quotation and nothing else.
‘Glamping Tent’ is a tent(s) booked by the Client and used for sleeping. ‘Payment Date’ is the date 6 weeks prior to the Event Date.
‘Period of Hire’ is a period of 48 hours from Event Set Up Date or any other period as agreed in writing between the Company and the Client.
‘Hire Charge’ is the amount payable by the Client to the Company as specified on the Quotation and includes VAT.
‘Invoice’ is the invoice in accordance with the Quotation payable to the Company by the Client for the Equipment.
‘Quotation’ is the quotation form or the order confirmation form provided to you above containing details of the Equipment, Event Set Up Date, Event Take Down Date and Hire Charge.
All orders are accepted subject to these Terms and Conditions and the Client by signing the Quotation is deemed to have acknowledged this, unless variation is agreed and stated in writing.
- a) To deliver the Equipment and proceed to erect it on or before the Event Set Up Date shown on the Quotation or otherwise agreed in writing. The Company reserves the right, without prejudice, to alter the Event Set Up Date if the weather or the Delivery Address conditions would, in the Company’s estimation put the Equipment or the employees of the Company or its suppliers at risk of injury and/or damage and/or loss.
- b) To dismantle and remove the Equipment from the Delivery Address on or after the Event Take Down Date shown on the Quotation.
3. THE CLIENT UNDERTAKES:
- a) To pay the Deposit and to pay the Balance in accordance with the Invoice. The Company reserves the right not to provide the Equipment should payment not be received by the Payment Date.
- b) To pay interest on all monies outstanding at the rate of 4% per annum above the base rate of the Barclays Bank plc from the Payment Date until the date of actual payment.
- c) To provide the Company with either a plan showing the position in which the Equipment is to be erected and all underground services and any apparent obstacles or to make available a representative on the site for that purpose. In the absence of both then the Company having erected the Equipment where it thinks fit shall be deemed to have completed the contract. In any event, the Client and not the Company will be responsible for any damage to underground cables or pipes.
- d) To obtain all necessary licences and permits required for the event from any authorities or any other relevant statutory bodies who are or may be concerned and to make application where necessary to the Planning Authority, District Surveyor, Police, Fire Brigade and any similar authority or organisation. Any costs incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence or misrepresentation of all such necessary permissions and permits shall be payable to the Company by the Client.
- e) Any requirements under the licence or permits in 3d) above must be notified to the Company in writing at least 28 days prior to erection. Should the Company for any reason be unable to comply with these requirements, then the Client shall be notified and the Contract shall be deemed to have been cancelled by the Client.
- f) If any part of the Equipment includes electrical apparatus to provide such power points or supply as may be reasonably required by the Company within 15 meters of the Equipment by no later than the Event Set Up Date.
- g) Not to enter the Equipment whilst it is being erected or dismantled by the Company.
- h) To keep any part of the Equipment that is a tent completely closed and secure and in
particular any door fastened when not in use.
- i) Not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind
without the prior written consent of the Company.
- j) Not to light, or allow to be lit, any fire, candle or other naked flame within or close to the
Equipment without the prior written consent of the Company.
- k) If not using a generator supplied by the Company to undertake to have a qualified
electrician inspect the power supply and confirm that the power supply is fit to provide power for all electrical equipment provided by the company it’s servants, agents or contractors.
l) If using a generator supplied by the company to undertake to manage the fuel consumption of the generator such that there is sufficient fuel left to supply power for the duration of the event. Should the fuel supply be miss-managed such that it runs out prior to or during the event the client, and not the company, will be responsible for refueling the generator at their own cost.
- m) Not to tamper with the structure or any part of the Equipment and in particular not to affix or suspend from the Equipment any item whatsoever without the Company’s prior written consent.
- n) By 8am, or a time agreed in writing by both parties, on the Event Take Down Date to ensure the Equipment is clear of any artefacts, waste, equipment, food stuffs and beverages not supplied by the Company. The Company reserves the right to charge for any additional costs incurred by it should this condition not be met.
- o) Not to install, or allowed to be installed, by any third party any equipment, furniture or decorations within one meter of the fabric of the Equipment without prior written agreement from the Company. Notwithstanding any written agreement, the Client remains liable for any damage caused as per clause 5c) herewith.
- p) Not to use fireworks, pyrotechnics within 50 meters of the Equipment.
- a) The Hire Charge is based on the assumption that the Client provides a firm and level site of turf (or some other material not impervious to stakes and able to absorb rainwater) and is served by a firm access road adjacent to the site with adequate hard-standing for commercial vehicles is free from flooding trees and overhead obstruction. If this is not the case or if the Client wishes the Company to erect the Equipment in a different position on the site to the one indicated by the Client to the Company at the time of booking and in either event the costs to the Company are subsequently increased by reason of increase in labour costs or any other factor the Company may increase the price in accordance with the Company’s published price list and hourly labour rates then in force.
- b) The Company will use all reasonable endeavors to supply the Client with the Equipment but where this is not possible the Company will notify the Client as soon as possible with any alterations to the design and specifications of the Equipment and where alteration is fundamental the Client may terminate this contract and any deposit paid will be refunded.
5. LOSS OR DAMAGE OR EXCESSIVE SOILING
- a) From the Event Set Up Date up to and including the Event Take Down Date, the Client shall be responsible for the maintenance and safe custody of the Equipment.
- b) The Client must be satisfied with the Equipment once the Equipment has been erected and should notify the Company in writing immediately of any miscounts, incorrect deliveries or unacceptable Equipment. The Company will not accept any such notification after the Delivery Note.
- c) The Client shall be responsible for and indemnify the Company against any loss of or damage to the Equipment, whatsoever the cause.
- d) The Client must provide to the Company proof of having arranged insurance in their name for the Equipment at least seven days prior to the Event Set Up Date.
- e) If a Damage Waiver Fee is included on the Quotation then upon payment of the Damage Waiver Fee the above clauses 5c) and 5d) will not apply but the Client will remain liable for the first £500 of any loss and for any loss or damage resulting from their negligence or
liability under the terms of this contract.
- a) The Hire Charge does not include making good any repairs to the Delivery Address unless caused by the negligence of the Company servants, agents or contractors
- b) All sums payable under this agreement unless otherwise stated are exclusive of VAT and other duties or tax. Any VAT or other duties or taxes payable in respect of such sums shall be payable in addition to such sums.
- c) The clients cannot use any photos or images of the Company’s equipment (including the teepees) for any commercial purposes, without the express written permission of the Company.
- a) Either party shall have the right to terminate this Contract without penalty within seven days from the date hereof subject to written confirmation of such termination being given by one party to the other within such period. In the event of such termination by either party, the Company shall refund to the Client all sums paid by the Client to the Company by way of Deposit or otherwise.
- b) Once the seven days referred to in the preceding clause has passed should either party cancel the contract, compensation will be paid of 50% of the Hire Charge save that if it is cancelled within 28 days prior to the Event Set Up Date the compensation will be the full Hire Charge.
- c) If the Client cancels pursuant to the preceding clause and the Company is able to re-let the Equipment then the Client shall not pay the full cancellation charge but an administration charge based on the cost incurred by the Company in re-letting the Equipment, which in any event shall not exceed 20% of the Hire Charge.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- a) The Company will make every effort to complete the erection of the Equipment on or before the Event Set Up Date provided that the Client has complied with the undertakings set out above. If the Equipment is not erected on or before the Event Set Up Date the Client shall have the right to withdraw from this contract and the Company shall return all monies paid. If the Equipment is not erected because of delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond the Company’s reasonable control the Company shall not be liable to pay further compensation to the Client.
- b) The Company will take all reasonable care to avoid damage to the Clients’ own equipment but cannot be responsible for any loss suffered by the Client in respect thereof other than as a result of the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents or contractors.
The Company will not be responsible for and the Client will indemnify the Company against all claims for the injury to persons or loss or damage to property however caused unless it is proved that such injury or damage was caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of the Company.
10. GLAMPING TENT
This clause is only applicable where the Client has booked Glamping Tent(s) and the following terms shall apply in addition to the above:-
a) The Company shall allocate a number to each Glamping Tent and the Company will not be responsible for ensuring that the occupiers are sleeping in the correct Glamping Tent or for giving any refunds for any guests unable, for whatever reason, to sleep in their allocated Glamping Tent unless through negligence or fault of the Company;
- b) The Client or their servants, agents or guests shall not use cooking or other gas appliances of any kind inside the Glamping Tent;
- c) The Client or their servants, agents or guests shall not use naked flames over and above what is provided by the Company; and
- d) The Client or their servants, agents or guests must vacate the Glamping Tent by no later than 10am on Event Take Down Date.
Name of the Client(s): Date:
(If the Client is a company, the signatory is to be an authorized officer of that company).