Report To: Warehouse Manager
Department: Office & yard with some on-site time when required
Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Role Purpose: The warehouse operative plays a crucial role in enabling the onsite teams to deliver services and quality They help ensure the efficient running of the yard, warehouse stores, stocks of all component parts of the marquee structures, interiors, furniture and accessories are stored, picked, loaded and unloaded correctly
- Part of yard and warehouse team, working to operational systems and processes
- Working on the Wash pad.
- Working in the warehouse making or repairing stock
- General maintenance of Company premises or stock
- Picking equipment to load lists correctly.
- Unpacking returns sorting and returning hire stock
- Ensure all daily checks are completed on forklifts and plant in Yard area. Report defects/problems to Warehouse Manager/crew Chief .
- Assist in the loading/unloading of vehicles.
- Organisation and tidiness within the yard and warehouse
- Cleaning and drying of equipment
- Stock Checking and stock control
- Unload vehicles and liaise with Warehouse Manger to ensure return loads are isolated in the yard area to allow checking of quantities, damage or missing stock before the equipment is released into general hire stock.
- To ensure personal protective clothing and equipment is used at all times and that company clothing (where issued) is worn on site.
- To ensure that safe working practices are followed at all times. This is a legal and moral responsibility to himself and all other staff, including subcontractors, and general public on site
- Ensure the unloading area and designated receiving yard area is managed and maintained in an effective & safe manner, ensuring good housekeeping and health & safety policies are adhered too,
- To ensure that all personal clothing and that of the site crew is in good repair and clean
- To sign for and maintain the security and integrity of all company tools by reporting faulty, lost and damaged equipment
- To ensure all company vehicles are kept clean and tidy at all times
- To report any damage to vehicles to the company office immediately
- Vehicle are to be signed for one allocation and when transferred from one member of staff to another
- As a reprehensive of the company an warehouse operative is expected to maintain polite and personable appearance and manner at all times
- Receipt and recording of “goods in” and dispatch and recording “goods out”
- To clock in and out daily
- To undertake any reasonable request made by management
- Prepared to work long hours including weekends in busy periods
Key Contacts (external and internal)
- Crew Chief
- Warehouse Chief
- Operation Manager
- Good team player
- Polite and well presented
- Very methodical and highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro- active with a high level of accuracy and detail
- Able to work under pressure and within tight time scale
- Willingness to overcome challenges and to work with colleagues to find solutions
- Woodwork skills
- MUTA structure- safe trained
- First aid trained
- Forklift driving experience
- BE driving Licence
- C1, C1E, C Licence
- Driving Licence
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job description may be altered to reflect the business needs of the company.
Flexible hours based on Tipi and Marquee hire bookings Availability to work weekends is an integral part of the job particularly during peak season (April to October) and Bank holidays
Apply here by sending your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org